Riley Resource Group is a collection of related companies who serve the agricultural industry and the communities in which we live and work. Feed Energy Company is one of the businesses that make up the Riley Resource Group.
Feed Energy Company is an agribusiness firm primarily engaged in producing a high-energy, liquid feed ingredient. The company produces and distributes throughout the Midwest scientifically balanced ingredients specific to customers’ needs. For more than 25 years, turkey, poultry, swine and other livestock producers have relied on Feed Energy for blending animal and vegetable oils to specific caloric content. We value service to our customers, each other and the communities in which we live and work. Quality and Integrity are core values of our organization. From the moment you walk through our doors you will understand, we are not your average agricultural company.
Feed Energy Company is seeking a Process Engineer for our Sioux City and Des Moines Plants
· Develops the structural design of processes, equipment, and facility systems using drafting tools or computer-aided design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
· Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain processes, equipment, and facility systems to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
· Develops, coordinates, and monitors all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operating of process, equipment and facility designs.
· Specify system components or direct modifications of processes, equipment and facilities to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
· Reads and interprets blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
Project Management and Collaboration:
- Accountable for on-time and on-budget delivery and coordination of process engineering projects.
- Collaborates with R&D to test and implement new products, monitoring effects on processes and systems, specifically in scale-up of bench scale processes to pilot and full-scale systems.
- Confer with R&D, operations, and other employees to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Trains Plant Operations Team on current and new processing methods.
Research & Process Improvement:
- Conducts research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, and operation and performance of processes, equipment, and facility systems; specifically, performing mass and energy balance calculations for processes.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate process, equipment, or facility system malfunctions.
- Investigates equipment and process failures and difficulties to diagnose areas for operational improvement and makes recommendations to appropriate operational personnel.
Growth & Innovation:
- Provides technical direction to the Plant Leadership Team relating to all engineering and growth projects for the Plant
- Develops and tests models of alternative designs and processing methods in order to assess feasibility, operation condition effects, necessity of modification, and new innovative applications.
Reliability and Maintenance
- Conducts equipment failure root cause analysis; summarizes results for plant, departmental, and company leadership; and formulates solutions for failures.
- Employs reliability measures for fixed and rotating plant assets.
Supervision of Maintenance Staff:
- Supervises and evaluates employee performance and prepares performance appraisals for maintenance staff.
- Plans and establishes work schedules and assignments to meet plant goals.
- Observes work to ensure that maintenance technicians conform to maintenance standards.
- Demonstrates the proper use of equipment, work SOP's, and safety procedures to new employees or assigns employees to experienced maintenance technicians for training.
- Acts professionally and models servant leadership in daily interactions.
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Educational Development: Engineering degree, Chemical or Mechanical, preferred.
- Experience: Stable work experience, preferably in the areas of engineering, maintenance, agriculture, production, manufacturing, and/or general work experience as would be acquired through three to five years of this experience. Prior leadership experience preferred.
- Health, life and short-term disability insurance
- Generous 401k match (up to 6%)
- Profit-sharing for all employees
- Continuing education
- Annual bonuses based on performance
- Paid time off that starts accruing immediately
This position is an opportunity to work for an organization that values your goals and aspirations. An opportunity to impact animal nutrition and the quality and safety of products we produce. An opportunity to be inspired by leaders in the industry and to inspire others.