Are you an individual who loves experimenting in a chemistry lab? Are you willing to work in a changing environment, hot to cold, wet and sticky? Do you have high integrity to do the right things? If you answered yes to this question we have the job for you…
Feed Energy Company is a businesses that helps make up the Riley Resource Group. Riley Resource Group is a collection of related companies who serve the agricultural industry and the communities in which we live and work.
Feed Energy Company is an agribusiness primarily engaged in producing a high-energy, liquid feed ingredient. For more than 25 years we have been supplying feed to: poultry, swine and other livestock producers. We value service to our customers, each other and the communities in which we live and work. Quality and Integrity are core values of our organization. From the moment you walk through our doors you will understand, we are not your average agricultural company.
We are looking for a mechanically-inclined, hard-working, results-oriented employee with a background in engineering, chemistry, or manufacturing who is interested in a supervisory position. We have a great culture, great benefits and want to find employees who want to stay and grow with us.
- Supervise and evaluate employee performance and prepares performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Observes work and monitors equipment and processes to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Demonstrates the proper use of equipment, work SOP's, and safety procedures to new employees or assigns employees to experienced operators for training.
- Acts professionally and models servant leadership in daily interactions.
- Oversees all daily operations of plant production ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- Oversees the movement of materials and products within the plant and the processing of orders.
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy in records, logs, PIMS, and all other reports associated with day-to-day operations of the plant.
- Reads and analyzes charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Monitors all daily and month-end inventories.
- Prepares records and reports for Plant Manager to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Inspects materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions and ensures that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production and delivery.
- Trouble-shoots and problem-solves front-line production and personnel problems, complaints, or concerns as they arise.
- Assists in documenting and completing investigations for all customer-related issues.
Quality & Safety:
- Drives continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
- Documents and revises SOP’s to ensure quality and safety requirements are achieved.
- Adheres to environmental health and safety programs and maintains compliance with Company policies, OSHA, FDA, EPA, quality and food safety programs, local county and state government regulations, and other regulatory agencies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
- Communicates and holds team members accountable to safety protocols and regulations.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Contributes as a team member in all areas of production
- Contributes to a positive work environment
- Communicates established departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures to general operations team.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings to ensure teamwork and cross-collaboration throughout plant operations and to resolve day-to-day operational issues.
- Confers with maintenance to coordinate operational needs and activities between the two departments.
- Facilitates communication during shift and shift changes.
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Plant Manager
- Fills in for Plant Manager during manager's absence
- Other duties as assigned
- Educational Development: Ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematics calculations which would normally be acquired through secondary education or through equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or equivalent experience. Additional knowledge of or certifications in engineering, electrical, welding, pumps, and general maintenance beneficial.
- Experience: Stable work experience, preferably in the areas of engineering, chemistry, agriculture, production, manufacturing, and/or general work experience as would be acquired through three to five years of this experience. Prior leadership experience preferred.
- Health, life and short-term disability insurance
- Generous 401k match (up to 6%)
- Profit-sharing for all employees
- Continuing education
- Annual bonuses based on performance
- Paid time off that starts accruing immediately
This position is an opportunity to work for an organization that values your goals and aspirations. An opportunity to impact animal nutrition and the quality and safety of products we produce. An opportunity to be inspired by leaders in the industry and to inspire others.