Riley Resource Group is a collection of related companies who serve the agricultural industry and the communities in which we live and work. Feed Energy Company is one of the businesses that make up the Riley Resource Group.
Feed Energy Company is an agribusiness firm primarily engaged in producing a high-energy, liquid feed ingredient. The company produces and distributes throughout the Midwest scientifically balanced ingredients specific to customers’ needs. For more than 25 years, turkey, poultry, swine and other livestock producers have relied on Feed Energy for blending animal and vegetable oils to specific caloric content. We value service to our customers, each other and the communities in which we live and work. Quality and Integrity are core values of our organization. From the moment you walk through our doors you will understand, we are not your average agricultural company.
We are looking for a safe, skilled driver who is interested in a career. We have a great culture, great benefits and want to find employees who want to stay and grow with us. We are in need of a talented full-time driver with Class A CDL and tanker endorsement and at least 6 months driving experience to join our growing team!
This is primarily a Monday through Friday position with weekend shifts as needed. This position will float between our Feed Energy Sioux City plant and our Feed Energy Des Moines plant as a driver for both locations. No overnight routes- however, due to floating between the two plant locations there will be the possibility of having to stay overnight based on scheduled loads.
$500 hiring bonus after successful completion of 1 year of employment!!
This position is responsible for:
1. Obtains proper scale tickets and attach it to the bill of lading
2. Inspects bills lading for accuracy with regard to date, location, product, etc.
3. Records and maintains trip records and drivers' logs according to DOT regulations
4. Keeps Plant Superintendent and/or Purchasing, Logistics, and Sales Manager informed regarding hours of service and hours remaining for scheduling purposes
5. Adheres to all Company protocols, policies, and procedures.
6. Performs pre/post trip safety inspections and reports any problems to Plant Superintendent and/or Purchasing, Logistics, and Sales Manager
7. Loads and/or unloads product while observing product and surroundings for proper conditions.
8. Ensures product load is secure by checking valves, lids, hoses, etc.
9. Drives tractor in a safe manner, obeying all traffic laws.
10. Reports all spills or problems at customer locations to dispatcher as soon as possible.
11. Performs bio-security procedures by spraying tires and wheel wells with disinfectant when necessary.
12. Keeps tractors clean inside and out
13. Observes safety rules and works in a safe manner
We are looking for someone with a Class A CDL with tanker endorsement and a minimum of 6 months of driving experience (tanker experience preferred).
1. Health, life and short-term disability insurance
2. Generous 401k match (up to 6%)
3. Profit-sharing for all employees
4. Continuing education
5. Annual bonuses based on performance
6. Paid time off that starts accruing immediately
This position is an opportunity to work for an organization that values your goals and aspirations. An opportunity to impact animal nutrition and the quality and safety of food. An opportunity to be inspired by leaders in the industry and to inspire others.