Do you have passion working with front line employees and enjoy a fast-paced and ever-changing manufacturing environment? Are you wanting to grow your career, but still like to get your hands dirty? Are you looking for a career that will challenge you?
If that appeals to you, you could be just the person we are looking for to fill our Production Supervisor role!
Riley Resource Group is a collection of related companies who serve the agricultural industry and the communities in which we live and work. Feed Energy Company is an agribusiness firm primarily engaged in producing a high-energy, liquid feed ingredient and is a part of Riley Resource Group. The company produces and distributes throughout the Midwest scientifically balanced ingredients specific to customers’ needs. For more than 30 years, turkey, poultry, swine and other livestock producers have relied on Feed Energy for blending animal and vegetable oils to specific caloric content. We value service to our customers, each other and the communities in which we live and work. Quality and Integrity are core values of our organization. From the moment you walk through our doors you will understand, we are not your average agricultural company.
If this sparks your interest, check out some of the other key responsibilities of the Production Supervisor:
- Supervises and evaluates employee performance and prepares performance appraisals for operators.
- Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Observes work and monitors equipment and processes to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Demonstrates the proper use of equipment, work SOP’s, and safety procedures to new employees or assigns employees to experienced operators for training.
- Acts professionally and models servant leadership in daily interactions.
- Oversees all daily operations of plant production ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy in records, logs, PIMS, and all other reports associated with day-to-day operations of the plant.
- Reads and analyzes charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Monitors all daily and month-end inventories.
- Inspects materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions and ensures that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production and delivery.
- Trouble-shoots and problem-solves front-line production and personnel problems, complaints, or concerns as they arise.
- Assists in documenting and completing investigations for all customer-related issues.
- Documents and revises SOP’s to ensure quality and safety requirements are achieved.
- Adheres to environmental health and safety programs and maintains compliance with Company policies, OSHA, FDA, EPA, quality and food safety programs, local county and state government regulations, and other regulatory agencies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
- Communicates and holds team members accountable to safety protocols and regulations.
- Contributes to a positive work environment
- Conducts weekly staff meetings to ensure teamwork and cross-collaboration throughout plant operations and to resolve day-to-day operational issues.
- Fills in for any unscheduled absences that cannot be covered with operations personnel.
- Facilitates communication during shift and shift changes.
- Fills in for Plant Manager during manager’s absence
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in technical field or 4 years supervisory experience required, bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in an industrial setting, preferably agriculture related processing industry.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated leadership, trust and integrity.
- Strong communicator, written and verbal.
Working Conditions: Oil production plant environment. Exposure to industrial manufacturing facilities that includes dirt, noise, temperature extremes, fumes, and grease.
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please apply today!
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability
- Generous 401k match (up to 6%)
- Profit-sharing for all employees
- Continuing education
- Annual bonuses based on performance
- Wellness reimbursement up to $300 a year
- Two weeks of PTO that start accruing immediately and increases to three weeks at 2 years and four weeks at 5 years!
This position is an opportunity to work for an organization that values your goals and aspirations. An opportunity to be inspired by leaders in the industry and to inspire others.
Feed Energy Company is an equal opportunity employer.