Riley Resource Group is a collection of related companies who serve the agricultural industry and the communities in which we live and work. Feed Energy Company is one of the businesses that make up the Riley Resource Group.
Feed Energy Company is an agribusiness firm primarily engaged in producing a high-energy, liquid feed ingredient. The company produces and distributes throughout the Midwest scientifically balanced ingredients specific to customers’ needs. For more than 30 years, turkey, poultry, swine and other livestock producers have relied on Feed Energy for blending animal and vegetable oils to specific caloric content. We value service to our customers, each other and the communities in which we live and work. Quality and Integrity are core values of our organization. From the moment you walk through our doors you will understand, we are not your average agricultural company.
Lead Duties – Issue Solving & Process Improvement
• Lead role in working with region account managers and internal stakeholders in responsive delivery of Feed Energy experience to customers and prospects for all product orders, information and services.
• Lead role in the development and ongoing implementation of new software and processes that will better meet our internal needs for order placement, fulfillment and billing along with the needs of our customers. This role includes training of internal personnel (Supply Chain, plants and QA) and sales, marketing and customer service team.
• Improve the use of the software available to improve communication, reduce errors and increase efficiencies.
• Support the sales, mechanical services and marketing departments through managing projects within the department.
• Serve as the main point of contact to manage and resolve issues between customers, accounting, plant operations and mechanical services (MS). Document the issues and seek ways to eliminate re-occurrences through diplomatic and feasible improvements adopted by all parties.
• Maintain a customer’s issues data base and proactively address and resolve issues with customers.
• Implement and create process improvement strategies and track progress to the benefit of FE and customers.
• Manage the development and updating of written standard operating procedures for Sales, Marketing, and MS ensuring effective communication and clear expectations.
• Implement new written processes, SOPs, training and follow up observation to reduce recurrence of issues around sales, logistics, fleet, customer service, marketing and plant operations.
Lead Duties - Sales Fulfillment and Customer Support
• Work cooperatively with Customers, Sales, Fleet Manager, Supply Chain, Logistics/Dispatching and Plant Managers to ensure order taking and the effective scheduling of deliveries.
• Monitor the sales orders email inbox and enter order into the system timely.
• Seek to reduce last minute orders customer orders through increased calls to mills and project customer’s needs.
• Keep customer projected orders up to date and prices current.
• Responsible for administrative sales duties such as preparing reports, processing sales data, preparing correspondence, and effectively communicating with sales and marketing team.
• Support sales in establishing new- and maintaining long-term relationships with customers.
• Create Monthly Return Product Loads report working to solve customer returns.
• Project orders based on customer communications, order pattern and capacities and tank monitor readings.
• Weekly Sales support orders – confer with customers to take orders, cancel orders, answer questions and refers questions/concerns to Account Managers as appropriate.
• Create and update customer information log regarding deliveries, mills contacts, loading hours, scale at location or any special requirements requested by the customer. Ensure customer information is updated in PIMS. Information to include what products they order, to type of facility they are, loading hours, mill contacts etc.
• Weekly invoicing of carriers and review of freight costs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with management, internal and external customers and vendors. Ability to deal with high volume calls and time constraints/pressure. Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues. Demonstrate sales and marketing techniques and financial principles.
Educational Development: Ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematic calculations that would normally be acquired through a secondary education and additional education or through equivalent experience. A degree in Business Management, Marketing or Logistics.
Experience: Proven knowledge of principles and procedures involved in ag business, sales operations, scheduling, and logistics. A working knowledge of transportation and DOT regulations that would be acquired through one to three years of related work experience is preferred. Maintaining positive and effective relationships to continually conduct business. Previous experience with a feed or agribusiness preferred. Experience in the areas of liquids, fats, and/or oils is highly desired.
1. Health, life and short-term disability insurance
2. Generous 401k match (up to 6%)
3. Profit-sharing for all employees
4. Continuing education
5. Annual bonuses based on performance
6. Paid time off that starts accruing immediately
This position is an opportunity to work for an organization that values your goals and aspirations. An opportunity to be inspired by leaders in the industry and to inspire others.